National Ice Cream Day is Sunday, July 17th! FLIRT decided this is a holiday we definitely couldn’t miss so we came up with the idea of making our own #FLIRTsundae, complete with FLIRTY oranges and more! This sundae is simple to make and tastes amazing, so get your ingredients together and create our #FLIRTsundae with us:
- 2 Large Oranges
- 48 FL OZ (1.42 L) of French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 6.5 OZ Original Reddi Wip Cream
- Blue Sprinkles
Step 1: Slice and Divide
- Using a kitchen knife, slice the orange in half
- Place ½ off to the side for later
Step 2: Gut the Orange!
- Continue to cut along the inside of the orange to leave behind just the peel
- Use a spoon to scoop out any remaining citrus
Step 3: Get Ready to Scoop!
- Scoop 1 to 2 spoonful’s of ice cream into the remaining orange peel
Step 4: The Final Touches
- Shake up the whip cream and layer it on top of the ice cream
- Finally, sprinkle on the sugar!
Step 5: Bring on the Embellishments!
Remember that remaining half of orange? Well, let’s put it to good use in one of two ways!
- Cut 1 to 2 slices and drive a popsicle stick through the center to anchor it into the orange peel
- Use the entire half as an umbrella for your sundae – Anchor it to the orange peel the same way you would in choice 1
Voila! There you have it – the perfect #FLIRTsundae! If you happen to make your own sundae make sure to share with us by using the hashtag, #FLIRTsundae
Thanks to our talented interns, Kam and Paige for concocting this delicious treat!